Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Baby on a Plane

So now that everyone knows my life and birth story let’s get down to current events. Ally is 7 months old, now eats rice cereal, can almost sit up on her own with out holding on, and is just about the most adorable creature God ever made. Besides all those compelling facts we are getting ready to go and visit my mother in my native Florida for 8 whole days!


This will be Ally’s first trip anywhere and my first time traveling by air with someone other than an adult. Since announcing our trip I’ve heard it all from how to medically sedate my child with OTC drugs for the trip to questions on how I will pump on the airplane. Yes, Ally is still breastfed and I am proud of it! Since she’ll be with me I will simply feed her, as I only have to pump at work when I am away from her. Pumping and breastfeeding, now that takes dedication and hard work. It's a whole other post! As far as OTC sedation, I think I’ll risk being the jerk on the plane with a screaming kid. No drugs for Ally please! Can you believe some people!?

In happier news, I have purchased myself a lovely new carry-on bag from Vera Bradley. The “Get Carried Away” tote in the adorable "Make Me Blush" pattern is larger and less expensive than their “Baby Bag” and can serve a wide variety of functions after the trip is over! I still haven’t decided whether to combine my regular carry-on items with diaper bag items in one tote or to use separate bags. We’ll have to see how the packing goes first.



I also purchased this nifty fight vest from Baby B’Air. It is meant to restrain your precious cargo in the event of violent turbulence that can propel a lap riding infant right out of your arms. The horrifying video on the Baby B’Air website was enough to sell me on this contraption. It arrived and looks very well constructed out of soft and durable materials. The tether is also long enough that you can feed, change and switch positions with your child without having to remove the vest.


We are really looking forward to our trip and I am excited to take Ally swimming for the first time and take her to the beach. It’s going to be a wonderful time full of family and old friends! I can’t wait!

1 comment:

  1. I love the new items you purchased! Can't wait to meet Ally in less than a week!

    Love,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete