Friday, July 23, 2010

In the Beginning...

Let’s start at the beginning. I moved to West Virginia to be with my now husband Josh when we were 2 ½ years into a long distance relationship between Florida and West Virginia. I was slow to acclimate but after some tragic circumstances with failed friendships, and family heartbreak I happily took the move as a chance to start fresh in life. In 2006 Josh purchased a modest little home, got himself a whole new career in coal mining and by December we were living the dream. The co-habitating, pre-marital, dream which left me feeling awkward at best.

About a week before my birthday the very next year we rectified the situation by making it official and in view of my Italian upbringing, a little less immoral. Leaving a long engagement, we made plans. Plans like- I got a job at the local City Hall helping to keep public records, which most of the time is fun and even better is only part time, leaving me lots of time for extracurriculars which soon included a wedding! More plans- including our beautiful wedding day which was a total dream come true and couldn’t have been more perfect, more fun or more special! And plans like “Family Planning” where a routine trip to the gynecologist the summer before the wedding turned into questions of “How long do you think it will take me to get pregnant?"


Josh and I the Spring after we were engaged.


No comments:

Post a Comment