Friday, July 23, 2010

The Coffee Incident

It was a week after the wedding and Josh and I were happily settling in to newlywed life. It seemed normal enough; I was an emotional wreck and wanted to kill him for looking at me funny. Little did I know. A few days later I got the hankering for some coffee the morning I was to return to work. We were out. When we were packing for the wedding cabin at Tygart Lake, he had insisted we bring our coffee from home to make while there. I on the other hand wanted to get a new separate one because I knew, I just knew we would forget it there. Sure enough we did. I was ready to go back to work and wanted a cup for the drive in. Realizing my prediction had come true I flew off the handle. Screaming, crying, and throwing things at poor Josh. I was total psycho. Even though he obviously felt bad and offered to get some coffee for me, it was to no avail. I was on the war path, stormed out and drove up to the nearest convenience store. By the time I returned I felt totally normal and fine. It was the weirdest mood swing of my entire pregnancy.


When I walked in the door, coffee in hand he looked at me severely and asked, “Did you ever get your period?” “No” I replied, “It’s coming though, I have really bad cramps.” “I don’t think so!” he said, “you better to go to the doctor!” That’s when it hit me just how late I was. I scheduled an appointment right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment